1.9

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche:

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche Owner Comments

Aug 192016

Avalanche

I backed out of my driveway stopped my truck like always put it in D to drive heard a loud clunk noise and now I have 1 and 2 gear only to use the truck was stationary was on a main road I changed the transmission fluid screens filters everything flushed it out and still the same thing a lot of people are saying it's the sprag unit I have no idea what that is I have only hauled a few things with it when we were moving we only moved eight miles down the road used a trailer and the tow gear that is on the truck. Also about a month before this happened the stability system light came on and said disabled but has not done it since also my truck is very clean always serviced according to the manual and is in very very good condition

- New Bloomfield, PA, USA

Jul 092014

Avalanche

Takata recall transmission suddenly stopped. Only drives in first gear, has 70,000 miles, has been maintained. While driving on 128 South in danvers, MA at 4:30 the truck became sluggish, grew worse with in seconds causing my top acceleration to decrease to 20 mph at best, was able to get off after a mile and speed decreased to 10 mph. I lost all gears aside from first. I have inquired with a few mechanics getting mixed answers ranging from total rebuild to solenoids. Truck is dead with 70,000 miles.

- Beverly, MA, USA

Jul 022015

Avalanche

I made a stop, up on taking off my truck made it to second gear and I hear a loud broken noise, transmission went out on second gear.

- Ferndale , WA, USA

Jun 272015

Avalanche

For no reason and without warning, after a "clunk" noise the truck was coasting. Only 1st, 2nd, and reverse gears work.

- Washington, IL, USA

May 062010

Avalanche 8-cyl

When taking off from a stop it feels like I am being bumped from behind, or like the engine just dropped out of the vehicle. Very hard shifting between 1st, 2nd and 3rd when vehicle has been driven about 50 miles consecutive. Check engine light is on but will go off intermittently.

- Apple Valley, CA, USA

Dec 302011

Avalanche

I was driving along at 60 mph and lightly accelerated and heard a clunk. I continued to drive along and slowed down to exit off the interstate. Then when got off the interstate and came up to a green arrow and turned left. Then as soon as I accelerated at 25 mph, I felt the transmission go out and heard a high pitch whine and some grinding. Then was not able to accelerate anymore.

- Chilton, WI, USA