8.0

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche:

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Owner Comments

Oct 012010

Avalanche

It started happening with the reverse lights staying on longer than normal. I would have to use my key pad to lock/unlock vehicle multiple times for it to turn off. Then it started happening when i was coming off reversing into a stopping position like a parking stall. Which i had to use my keypad to lock/unlock multiple times until the lights turned off.

Now its at the point where the key pad doesn't work anymore. I have to physically get back into the truck, start it and put it in drive and make sure I stop and shut it down while coming off the Forward position, not Reverse. And then I can do the key pad thing....

WTF!

- , Winnipeg, MB, canada

Mar 232011

Avalanche LS 5.6L V8

The reverse lights stay on. This happens while driving forward mind you, and when the engine is off and in park. I can shut them by screwing around with the key FOB however........it's getting harder and harder to do it with each episode.

- , Loveland, CO, USA