2007 Chevrolet Avalanche seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche:

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Feb 112015

Avalanche

My dash cracked and continues to crack around air bags

- Holly Hill, FL, USA

Sep 012016

Avalanche

Dashboard has developed severe cracking on driver and passenger sides especially around the airbag area. This is the second dashboard in this vehicle. My concern is that the airbag may be punctured or otherwise ineffective upon deployment due to the instability and sharp, broken pieces of plastic dashboard. After having the dashboard replaced previously for these same reasons it has been protected with a dashmat and sunshade. This is certainly a quality issue which GM is aware of.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Nov 282016

Avalanche

I own a 2007 Chevy Avalanche ltz. I had an incident where my seatbelt pretensioners fired for no reason, causing great pressure across my chest. I was stopped at a stoplight. My airbag did not fire, but hazard lights, emergency systems activated. I tried to submit a safety claim through Chevy but after 5 weeks they denied my claim. They sent out an investigator who found the SDM module had been corroded due to water damage. After investigating this on the internet I found this same issue to happen to many truck owners. Long story short, do I have any re-course" do you have annoy previous claims on the SDM module and pretensioners firing out of the blue" Chevy says I have to pay the bill to get it fixed. It was quite the traumatic experience and I thought I had gotten shot due to the pressure and noise. I can't imagine if my daughters were in the car and the damage it could have caused to them. Please let me know if there have been previous cases with SDM or seatbelt pretensioners

- Lincoln, NE, USA

Jan 072017

Avalanche

Takata recall on my air bag inflator is having a major effect on trading my vehicle in for a new vehicle and has reduced my value. This open recall with no GM solution is currently a real problem for me.

- Egg Harbor City, NJ, USA

May 272016

Avalanche

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Starkville, MS, USA

Dec 292016

Avalanche

The recall was issued May 2016. We received notice July 2016. It is now end of December 2016. Chevrolet states the vehicle is 'safe to operate'. the recall states that it may 'cause serious or fatal injuries' if it deploys. On the face of this, the vehicle may not be safe to operate. When can I expect to have this recall completed?

- Moody, TX, USA

Sep 152016

Avalanche

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche. While driving approximately 35 mph, the air bag warning indicator illuminated continuously. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the driver side air bags needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000. The VIN was not provided.

- Toledo, OH, USA

May 272016

Avalanche

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V383000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Red Oak, TX, USA

Dec 012015

Avalanche

Crack in dash around airbag

- Hazlehurst, GA, USA

Dec 102013

Avalanche

Dash cover is cracking around passenger airbag and above instrument cluster. Cracks started to appear around 50,000 miles. Current mileage is 50,692.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Jul 152016

Avalanche

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V383000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Livingston, TX, USA

Nov 302009

Avalanche

2007 Chevy Avalanche ltz started cracking less than two years after I bought it new. It now has 55,000 miles on it and I have taken very good care of it. The crack and hole next to the passenger airbag looks like it could project sharp plastic parts if airbag is deployed, causing injury or puncturing the airbag rendering it useless. Also on the drivers side, the cracks are huge over the instrument cluster and I'm afraid shrapnel could come loose and cause injury, the cracks started when the truck was stationary but gets worse when driving. The rattle is terribly annoying. I live in a suburb with good roads and only travel daily about 5 miles but take long trips on freeways once a year. I've never driven it on unimproved or dirt roads.

- Conroe, TX, USA

Aug 292016

Avalanche

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500. While driving 5 mph, the vehicle drove over a pothole and the air bags deployed inadvertently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- Texas City, TX, USA

Jul 012016

Avalanche

Takata recall not gettng fixed

- Goddard, KS, USA

Oct 242016

Avalanche

I contacted everett Chevrolet in hickory, nc after having just purchased the vehicle used from another dealer. I was provided with recall paperwork. I was referred to a service manager who informed me that they did have replacement parts, but I would have to pay for the repair and hopefully be reimbursed by tekata.

- Hickory, NC, USA

Oct 242016

Avalanche

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags) months ago. The dealer indicated several times that parts were unavailable. In addition, while driving approximately 20 mph to make a left, the contact crashed into the rear of another vehicle. The contact coasted the vehicle over to the side of the road. A police report was filed. The front of the vehicle was damaged. None of the air bags deployed. The dealer and manufacturer were notified of the failure. The contact was waiting for a response from the manufacturer concerning the recall and to investigate why the air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained whiplash, but did not require medical attention. The approximate failure mileage was 54,000. VIN tool confirms parts not available....updated 12/28/16

- Corona, CA, USA

Oct 252016

Avalanche 4WD 8-cyl

Takata recall - I contacted Chevy's hotline today (800-222-1020) and they told me that my vehicle is no longer apart of the recall. I'm concerned that they are telling me this to get out of replacing my airbag. I need Chevrolet to fulfill their commitment to me as their customer and put my safety and the safety of my family first. Thank you

- Fayetteville, GA, USA

Oct 212016

Avalanche

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags). The part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Miramar, FL, USA

Aug 122016

Avalanche

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V383000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was not yet available. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN tool confirms the remedy not yet available.

- Haledon, NJ, USA

Sep 012016

Avalanche

I am having the same cracked dash issue every other owner is having with these GM models 2007-2014 GM trucks/SUVS. I just noticed the three cracks I have, so I am not sure when exactly they started (within the last few months).

- Dover, DC, USA