2007 Chevrolet Avalanche seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche:

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Owner Comments

Nov 282016

Avalanche

I own a 2007 Chevy Avalanche ltz. I had an incident where my seatbelt pretensioners fired for no reason, causing great pressure across my chest. I was stopped at a stoplight. My airbag did not fire, but hazard lights, emergency systems activated. I tried to submit a safety claim through Chevy but after 5 weeks they denied my claim. They sent out an investigator who found the SDM module had been corroded due to water damage. After investigating this on the internet I found this same issue to happen to many truck owners. Long story short, do I have any re-course" do you have annoy previous claims on the SDM module and pretensioners firing out of the blue" Chevy says I have to pay the bill to get it fixed. It was quite the traumatic experience and I thought I had gotten shot due to the pressure and noise. I can't imagine if my daughters were in the car and the damage it could have caused to them. Please let me know if there have been previous cases with SDM or seatbelt pretensioners

- Lincoln, NE, USA

Jan 012010

Avalanche 8-cyl

The alarm sound for warning of seat belt unbuckled, door open, keys in ignition, etc, is generally inaudible. Occasionally it does work, but usually it does not. In 2010, the dealer said this was an issue with the radio. My warranty had expired so repair was no longer covered. I did not have the problem repaired due to the high cost. I thought that this was an isolated incident until I just read that there is a recall for this exact problem in later models. - when functional, the alarm sound emanates only from the speaker on the left side. I swapped the left and right speakers and the problem remained, suggesting that it is not a speaker issue. When the audible alarms are dead, so is the left side sound when the radio is on.

- Fayetteville, WV, USA

Jun 292014

Avalanche 8-cyl

I had backed up a jet ski into a parking space. I had got out of the car to check spacing and got back in and closed the door. Went to place vehicle in drive and both side airbags deployed with my four year old son in the back seat.

- Hamburg, NY, USA

Apr 022013

Avalanche 8-cyl

I am the owner of a 2007 Avalanche where the safety of the vehicle is in question. My wife was sitting stationary at a red light and for some reason both seat belts violently retracted to the point of injuring her and causing damage to passenger seat trim. Also the emergency flashers would not shut off and on-star was called twice. When the vehicle was being driven to the dealer for service check today, both side airbags deployed unexpectedly?my wife had to immediately stop the vehicle within a mile of our home, turn around, and leave it parked. I now have a vehicle that has seat belts that will not retract, side air bags deployed, and service air bag light continually on unable to be driven. Fortunately there were not more serious repercussions due to this vehicles failures. We expect your quick address of this and at no cost.to us. Just thankful lives were not lost due to whatever caused this problem.

- Ardmore, TN, USA

Jul 012010

Avalanche

Seats belts don't work properly. Belt doesn't always release and can't latch in the belt on another. Already replaced one seat belt, having the other looked at again tomorrow.

- Hollister, CA, USA

Aug 262008

Avalanche

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche. The front driver's seat belt latch failed. The dealer charged $200 to replace the seat belt latch. The contact thought that the dealer would replace the entire unit at that price. The manufacturer took a report and was informed by the dealer that the seat belt was not defective. The failure mileage was 48,000 and current mileage was 50,000.

- Clinton , MD, USA