2.2

2010 Chevrolet Avalanche miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Avalanche:

2010 Chevrolet Avalanche Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Oct 152016

Avalanche

I have had my Chevrolet Avalanche dashboard repaired twice for cracking/rattling. The issue seems to be that the clasp underneath the center speaker of the dash is faulty and breaks easily. This causes the rattling which causes the cracking. The cracks appear right above the instrument gauge and the passenger airbag. The concern is that if cracked badly enough, it could send pieces of plastic everywhere in the case of an airbag deployment. GM will not fix the issue.

- Ewa Beach, HI, USA

Aug 132015

Avalanche

The dash in my Chevrolet Avalanche has become more and more loose where the two main dash pieces connect, or so I thought. Clearly the middle speaker in the dash is too heavy for one of the pieces (seat facing piece) and it broke the snap that "held" the two of them together. After realizing exactly what was happening, I wanted to get it fixed but really did not know who to turn to. In one of the pictures you can clearly see where a piece of the dash has actually broken and it has fallen into the inner/underneath of the dash and I do not know where it went. Now, both sides (the airbag corner where it all started and just at the end of the steering wheel rise in the dash) the plastic is cracking. The airbag side is clearly worse than the steering wheel side. How do I get this fixed" is there a recall on this? how much does something like this cost"

- Alabaster, AL, USA

Jun 012015

Avalanche

Dash cracked near driver instrument panel and passenger airbag compartment.

- Gastonia, NC, USA

Jun 062014

Avalanche

The dash board on my 2010 Avalanche has two cracks one right beside the passenger airbag and the other right over the steering wheel. In case of an accident I'm sure the dash would explode and debris/plastic from the dash sharp pieces would fly into someone's face.

- N. Chesterfield, VA, USA

Jun 082016

Avalanche

Dash cracked and piece is missing by the passenger side air bag. Couple weeks later dash started cracking ove instrument cluster area.

- Decatur, IL, USA

Feb 012016

Avalanche

The top of the dash is cracking, above the instrument panel hump on the drivers side. The vehicle is well taken care of; oil changes done every 3K miles, all fluids changed at correct intervals, premium gasoline, never taken off-road, never driven over 80 mph, etc. It seems that the crack developed through no fault of my own and appears to be a manufacturing defect. Being a life long GM buyer and fan, I have purchased more than GM 5 vehicles and plan to buy more, it disappoints me that they are not issuing a recall.

- San Jose, CA, USA

May 162016

Avalanche

The dashboard has cracked in 2 locations. The 1st runs into the corner of the passenger airbag compartment. The 2nd is over the instrument cluster and now I have a check engine light on. Not sure yet of the 2 are related. The first crack just seemed to appear. The 2nd crack (which is much worse now) I could hear it crack when I started the engine sitting still.

- Aberdeen, OH, USA

Mar 242016

Avalanche

Dash is cracked above instrument panel and also cracked by passenger airbag compartment.

- Nazareth, PA, USA

Jun 012015

Avalanche

For no apparent reason, my dash started cracking next to the passenger airbag at around 48,000 miles. The large crack began to spread across the dash until, after a few months, it was all the way across to the steering wheel. Now small cracks are beginning to spider out. There seems to be no support underneath the dash and with every small bump in the road it becomes worse and worse. The dash must be made of an inferior material for it to crack so easily. If the air bag does inflate, the dashboard could burst into thousands of sharp pieces that could be a cause of serious injury or death. I have gotten a repair estimate to replace the dash for $1,500. However, some of the thousands of people that have this same problem say they have had the dash replaced, only to have it crack again. GM has offered to pay half of the replacement cost if I have it repaired within 60 days, but they should be responsible for fixing all of their defective dashboards with a good quality product at 100% since this is obviously a manufacturer defect.

- Eureka, IL, USA

Jan 012016

Avalanche

I have a 2010 Chevrolet Avalanche ltz my dash is cracking around center mount speaker on both sides all the way to air bag compartment, this is not normal wear and tear, and could be a safety issue with air bag. There is no support around speaker is what is causing issue.

- Decatur, AL, USA

Mar 012014

Avalanche

Tamara recall. I am one of several GM customers who is having problems with the dashboard cracking. I've been in contact with GM customer care and they acknowledged my issue and have offered to pay 30% of the $1,569.88 it would cost me to have my dashboard replaced. Since so many people are having this issue, I feel GM should issue a recall to repair customers dashboards at no charge.

- Barrigada, GU, USA

Dec 012015

Avalanche

Dash is cracking around and connecting to the airbag. Very concerned about this safety risk if the vehicle were to be in an accident.

- Hurst, TX, USA

Feb 162015

Avalanche

My dash is breaking at the air bag and above the steering wheel.it started after central Chevrolet made repairs to a fan motor. I carried the truck back to the dealer.they said my warranty would not cover my dash.I had about 9000 miles left on a full coverage policy that central chev.said covered the complete truck.

- Blytheville, AR, USA

Feb 282015

Avalanche

My dash started cracking around the airbag and above the gauge cluster. Numerous other owners have had identical cracks which we believe could cause shrapnel in case of air bag deployment.

- Greenbrier, TN, USA

Nov 112015

Avalanche

The dash is cracked in 3 places 2 of which are near the passenger air bag that could possibly affect the deployment.

- Collierville, TN, USA

Dec 102015

Avalanche

Dashboard on passenger side right above airbag has cracked. Noticed it when getting into vehicle after finishing work around 4:15pm. It was parked in the shade since 7:45am on a cool fall sunny day. I'm worried in the event of an accident, the airbag could possibly deploy shrapnel from the broken dash and hurt someone. Searching online shows this is a common issue with the gmt900 platform trucks from 2007-2011 and GM is not doing much if anything about it.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Nov 152015

Avalanche

The dash of my 2010 Avalanche is cracked near the passenger airbag. This crack appeared overnight while the vehicle was parked in my driveway. Now the center center connection of the dash panel has cracked as well creating distracting noises. Most importantly, the cracked piece around the airbag area could become a sharp projectile if the airbag is deployed.

- Gladstone, MO, USA

Oct 052014

Avalanche

The dashboard on my truck has developed two cracks, one is in the hump over the instrument gauges on the drivers side and the other is on the corner of the cut out for the passenger air bag.

- Liberty Twp, OH, USA

May 212015

Avalanche

Dashboard crack in the corner of the passenger side airbag.

- St. Louis, MO, USA

May 212015

Avalanche

Drove over rrx at 7mph and then the dash cracked in 2 places, 1 from windshield to airbag opening, and one from windshield to driver console area. Pieces are now visible close to corner for air bag on passenger side

- Cocoa, FL, USA