3.4

2011 Chevrolet Avalanche electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Avalanche:

2011 Chevrolet Avalanche Owner Comments

Dec 012010

Avalanche 8-cyl

Reference to GM's campaign #14V827000. Defective part 14696/ replacement part 14912. This is the ignition switch in which has caused deaths, etc. I would like to get this problem corrected before injuries occur. Due to the magnitude of GM's recalls I am afraid the recall notice will not be issued before causing me or my family bodily injury. How can I get the dealer to replace the switch asap? dewey barber Chevrolet is within 5 miles of my home. I have never received a recall notice.

- Gardendale, AL, USA

Sep 282013

Avalanche 8-cyl

I was in line at a drive through at burger king and as I pulled up to the cashiers window to pay for my food the engine started to accelerate. I put my foot on the brakes as hard as I could while the truck was shaking and lurching trying to go forward. I can't say for sure how high the tachometer was, but it seemed to almost peg for a few seconds while this was going on. Finally I jammed the transmission into neutral and the engine returned to normal idle. I say jammed because it took great strength to get it out of drive. For about 10-15 seconds this truck was totally out of my control. I drove away and parked for a few minutes to gather myself as I was visibly shaken..I was thankful that no one was in front of me in at burger king or that I was not in a parking lot somewhere where someone could have been injured or killed. I had brought this vehicle in more than once to the dealer (rk Chevrolet) and complained about the transmission not shifting properly and was always told they could not find a problem. After reporting this they decided to put a device to monitor the computer. I drove around with this for about 3 months and nothing happened and they said the data collected was inconclusive. Since the truck had just went out of warranty they said they could not do anymore. This is totally unacceptable.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Jun 152011

Avalanche 8-cyl

Reduced engine power, engine dies no power steering or power brakes almost rear ended on I-25. Trouble code says P2135 throttle body has happened 20 times or more in 8 months. Dealer where purchased say they never heard of this problem then said new wiring harness might fix it, knew the price without looking it up? there are thousands of posts on line about problem, but they never heard of it.wiring harness replaced throttle body cleaned and checked peddle checked still happens, have spent hundreds. No solution. I have to drive on highway to get to work on oil rig, I'm afraid it well cause an accident.GM doesn't know what is causing problem and doesn't seem to care.

- Denver, CO, USA