2004 Chevrolet Aveo electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Aveo:

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Feb 032008

One day, I was in a customer meeting and my factory installed car alarm just started going off. Nothing around it, no wind, etc. Now it has gotten to a point where I can not use the alarm and the drl and dashboard clock are constantly going on and off. I have read many similar complaints on regarding lots of electrical issues on the Chevy 2004 Aveo ls.

- Union, KY, USA

Dec 202004

Aveo 4-cyl

2004 Chevy Aveo purchased December of 2004. Clock resets itself, interior dome light works when it wants to, dash lights have blinked on and off twice, radio has turned itself on and off twice, excessive crank trying to start vehicle, doors do not completely unlock, windows do not always go up and down, alarm and keyless remote entry blew 2 - 10 amp fuses, dealership put in 20 amp fuse, still isn't working properly, vehicle is presently in shop for same issues for the 7th time. Dealership can't get the car to duplicate the problem. All of this started the month that I bought the car. It is getting worse and I am extremely afraid of having the car catch on fire.

- Newark, DE, USA

Feb 022005

Cd player gets too hot. It has melted a cd. I run it for 15 minutes and you can't even touch the face of it or the cd itself. I've contacted the dealership and they say its normal. I believe that with the clock, the cd player, and the ignition (& key) getting pretty hot that it's an electrical problem.

Sep 222005

The locks quit working on my car. They wouldn't lock from the inside or from the transmitter.

Mar 312004

When I first received my 2004 Chevy Aveo, the clock kept resetting. I have taken the vehicle in to the dealership and there is nothing they could do because the problem cannot be "duplicated".