2004 Chevrolet Aveo electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Aveo:

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Owner Comments

Jun 202004

Aveo 4-cyl

I purchased a 2004 Chevrolet Aveo. I commute 2 hours one way to a job site. The ignition switch and the ignition key get progressively hot the longer I drive this car. The service dept measured the heat. On a 45 minute drive, the ignition switch temperature was 111 degrees, the key was 94 degrees. I am concerned of a possible fire within this ignition of the vehicle. Other Aveo owners I questioned are experiencing the same problem. I am extremely afraid to drive this car with the commutes I have to make to work. The dealership service and GM are passing the buck on this. Will it take the loss of lives in car fires before something is done with this car?? I surely do not want to be one of their fatalities with the extensive driving I do. This is not a normal condition and is presenting a possible hazard.

- Clifton, NJ, USA