2004 Chevrolet Aveo electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Aveo:

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Owner Comments

Dec 012004

Aveo N/A

About 1 mo. there was a recall on seat belts. Dealer fixed them. After 1000 miles I notice everything gets hot. Each time I drive the wife's car. I drive to store turn it off, come back 30 to 45 minutes later, starts up ok. Now I drive to the next store, 35 minutes, car is hard to start. Next to stop post office now it won't start or it takes longer. A few times it had to be towed. I took to many shops and no one knows why it is happening. One auto shop said the starter gets hot there's no cover on it, it gets hot without it. I only drive it on very cold days and only stop one time. The wife drives it to church about 1 mile away, then back home. There's a little over 80000 miles. Back in May, another recall wait till we are notified again that was 2014, it now 2015. The problem supposed to a faulty wiring in headlight could cause a fire. I think there should be a RECALL on the starter also.

- , Cooldge, AZ, USA