2004 Chevrolet Aveo miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Aveo:

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Owner Comments

Aug 192007

Aveo 4-cyl

Four days ago I received a letter regarding service that was required to be performed under the extended warranty agreement I purchased with my car. The service needed was on the timing belt. On Sunday, two days after receiving the letter the timing belt broke on my car, causing further damage to the engine. My extended warranty ended at 60,700 miles and I currently have 67,000 miles on the car. The letter was too late in arriving for me to prevent this damage being done, as it seems that the timing belt was supposed to be replaced at 60,000 miles. The car is currently at the dealer with the engine having been sent to a "specialist" for further work.

- Laurinburg, NC, USA