2004 Chevrolet Aveo transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Aveo:

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Owner Comments

Oct 042009

Aveo 1.6L

My car would get stuck in park. It would require me to manually YANK the gear selector out of park and make an awful grinding noise as I did. I had it at a repair shop, but of course it didn't do it while it was there. I took it home and my dad and brother (mechanic) determined the safety feature designed to keep the car in park unless your foot is on the brake was malfunctioning. there was power to the unit, but it just wouldn't get out of the way. they tied it out of the way with a zip tie or something and put the cover back on. it was really annoying, but it was a quick fix for us to do. i'm sure there is a more politically correct fix and some legitimate problem, but it did what it needed to do. now I'm just paranoid that I'll accidentally bump it and throw it into reverse at high-way speed. this car has been a pain-in-the-ass the last few years, and relatively costly (windshield, timing belt, valve stems) so i would highly recommend you steer clear of it if you are looking for a new vehicle.

- , Plainville, KS, USA