8.0

2004 Chevrolet Aveo transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Aveo:

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Owner Comments

May 262010

Aveo LS

While braking at a stop sign on Saturday morning, my car suddenly cut off as I was about to accelerate. I drive a 2004 Chevy Aveo LS automatic and the car had never cut off on me. I called our long-time mechanic and family friend and when he came to check the car, he immediately stated that the problem was a broken timing belt. It took him four days to replace the timing belt. After the timing belt was replaced, I turned the car on and noticed that the car was jerking back and forth pretty strongly. The mechanic stopped by later on to do a tune-up on the car, and when he left I took the car for a quick drive and the jerking is even worse. It doesn't feel like its jerking when the car is in motion, but when I am stopped at a red light that is when I feel the car jerking back and forth strongly. I feel like I am not in control of the vehicle. I intend to call the mechanic in the morning and report the problem, but I don't think he is skilled enough to resolve the problem or he might even insinuate that the jerking is normal, but I know that isn't true because prior to him "fixing" my car it has never jerked or rocked before. I paid him a total of $625 for the replaced timing belt and alleged tune up and now I am wondering if I should take the car to a repair shop, because I can't deal with the car jerking I almost feel as if the car is about to disintegrate!

- , Decatur, GA, USA