1. replace windshield (1 reports)
2004 Chevrolet Aveo windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Aveo:

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Owner Comments

May 202008

Aveo 1.6L

I had a semi throw rocks onto my window on two separate occasions. I was upset with the nicks in the window, but dealt with them. I noticed that they grew into large cracks in a matter of weeks, and were in the line of sight for operating the vehicle. Then, one evening after work i went out to start my car and heard and enormous crack sound and the then 6 inch crack immediately grew down the remainder of the windshield and across the bottom to the other side, making it a significant problem. My husband (then boyfriend) is in law enforcement and refused to let me drive with the crack as it is a moving violation so we set up and appointment to get it fixed. this growing crack happened on two seperate nicks, the second being less distracting and not nearly as big, but both being a pain in the ass. this windshield seems temperamental. I got another nick in my new windshield and it has begun to grow. we'll try to seal this one before it gets worse, but with the timing belt/valve stem issue that has set ups back a chunk of change it will have to wait. don't buy this car.

- , Plainville, KS, USA