2.1

2005 Chevrolet Aveo accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Aveo:

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Owner Comments

Apr 292009

Aveo

I purchased a 2005 Chevy Aveo and I have had nothing but problems ever since. After 1 year the car broke down. The idler stuck at full-throttle and burned my timing belt off. Not only the engine but the car was rendered useless after that. I had to replace the engine (my pops did really) and now the second engine has done the very same thing at only 18,000 miles. Twice I was lucky enough to be in a position where my daughter was not with me at the time and I could push my car off of the road myself and not get killed. I called GM and they say that they cannot guarantee that they will fix the problem for me. The first time I talked to them they wouldn't even listen to me. They told me that my VIN number did not match the recalls...though these cars had the very same problem. The car should have either been replaced or I should have gotten my money back. I have been rendered homeless and jobless twice now because of this car. I've lost everything. I can't keep paying on this car with their faulty engines. If I replace the engine it will do the same thing. It's not VIN specific...it's the engines period. I could have gotten killed twice!

- Clearlake Oaks, CA, USA

Jun 062008

Aveo

I have a 2005 Chevy Aveo and recently was driving to work when it started to smoke and make funny noises, after being fixed at the dealership, I was told that the clutch was red hot, cracked the plate and the fly well and was a hazard to drive, I have only had the car three yrs and never did anything to cause this, I am wondering if this was a manufacture or mechanical issue with the car, I ended up paying 854$ to fix the car but for the time that I was without it, I had to take a bus to work for three weeks and rely on friends to help me out. Is this car safe?

- Barre, VT, USA