2.8

2005 Chevrolet Aveo lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Aveo:

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Sep 012011

Aveo

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Aveo. The contact stated that the daytime running lights failed. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V261000 (exterior lighting). The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was repaired under the recall remedy however it failed to repair the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 70,000.

- Garland, TX, USA

May 022005

Aveo

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Aveo. While driving at an unknown speed, the interior lighting and headlights suddenly shut off. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was not notified. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V261000 (exterior lighting). The approximate failure mileage was 22,000.

- West Allis, WI, USA

Jan 012013

Aveo

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Aveo. The contact stated that the headlights failed. The contact inspected the vehicle and found that the wiring harness connectors shorted due to overheating, which burned and melted the wires. The dealer advised that NHTSA campaign number: 14V261000 (exterior lighting) would only repair the drl module and it would not replace any additional failure caused by the recall. The contact also stated that the engine valve cover gasket was defective and caused the engine fluid to leak. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 80,000.

- Garry , IN, USA

Apr 022012

Aveo

I bought this car for in 2011 with 25,000 miles, first 6 months was great. But then the inside panel lights were going on and off. Door locks weren't working and I noticed a burn mark on my panel under steering wheels and took to a shop and he said wires were a mess under the dash. He fixed the door locks for me and 200 and something dollars still no panel lights. I tried to fix this problem but no one wants to touch the mess. I got a recall for the daytime running lights which I never had a problem with, so when I brought it in for that told them about the problem and nothing was done.

- Howard Beach, NY, USA

Jun 022014

Aveo

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Aveo. The contact stated that the hazard lights, the tail lights, the marker lights and the instrument panel lights failed. The vehicle was serviced under NHTSA campaign number: 14V261000 (exterior lighting) however, the failures persisted. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who diagnosed that the S101 splice box burned out and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- Douglas, WY, USA

Jan 062015

Aveo

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Aveo. The contact stated that all interior lights and the instrument panel lights failed to illuminate. As a result, the contact was unable to read the gauges and the driver side tail light failed to illuminate. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 108,000.

- Brandon, FL, USA

Jul 162014

Aveo

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Aveo. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V261000 (exterior lighting). However, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 7/23/15 updated 10/01/15 MA 10/14/15

- Kansas, MO, USA

Dec 152014

Aveo

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Aveo. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V261000 (exterior lighting) however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Ekron, KY, USA

Jul 142014

Aveo

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Aveo. The contact stated that the low beam headlights shorted without. The contact had to apply the high beam headlights due to the failure. The contact mentioned that burning wires or metal fumes entered the vehicle. The vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V261000 (exterior lighting) and stated that the dealer was unable to determine when the part would become available to schedule the recall repair. The manufacturer was unable to provide an interim nor a permanent repair for the vehicle. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000.

- St Louis, MO, USA

Sep 012008

Aveo 4-cyl

Within the first year of buying my Aveo I had to replace headlights 10X I kept taking the car in to get checked and they said it was fine, then one time they said just needed a better fuse (the changed it) worked for about a year then signal lights kept going out, then tail lights. Thought there was short took car in few times they said nothing wrong. Tired of taking the car in, I am a very busy person. So we have been dealing with this problem for about 6-7 years now the dash lights have completely gone out now and won't come back on, leaving us with 1 headlight, 1 tail light and only occasional rear signals. And always smells light wires burning. In Sept of 2014 we received a letter recalling the car for lighting problems and still nothing about getting fixed!!! this is only one of many complaints for this car.

- Ravenna, MI, USA

Jun 092014

Aveo 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Aveo. The contact stated that the daytime running lights cut off on several occasions. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V261000 (exterior lighting) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 65,000. Updated 2/24/15

- Stevens Point , WI, USA

Dec 092014

Aveo 4-cyl

My 05 Aveo, is included in the GM recall#A140093/NHTSA recall#14V261(headlamp switch & drl). I have been experiencing issues with all of my external lights (my gauge cluster and shifter lights have been out). I was replacing every external bulb every few weeks to keep the lights on. That is not working. I am down to one headlight (driver side) working ¿¿ as far as running lights go. I have no taillights (brakelights work). I commute approx. 40miles each direction for work-all freeway. I made an appt w/Chevy, took the day off work so the car could be there all day.as I arrived to my appt the service writer told me there is not a remedy from GM yet so I will need to cover the cost. Eventually we went into the building to complete my write up, at that point I was told they were backed up on recalls so they may not get to my vehicle despite the appt. I reiterated the issue, he said okay, told me he would be in contact with me. At 3:30 he called, told me they hadn't had a chance to look at my vehicle but would get to it tomorrow. I took another day off work & left the car with them.next day, I called at 11am & I'm told they have yet to touch my vehicle & there are about 20 cars in front of me so they won¿¿T get to it today either.I could not leave the car another day, I told him I would pick it up. I immediately called GM explained the situation, their response was ¿¿what do you want us to do about it¿. I told them the car was unsafe and illegal to drive in this condition I needed it fixed. They told me they would contact another dealership and have them contact me. About 20mins later the dealership contacted me, gave me the same run around as the first dealership.this recall is 7months old, it took GM 10yrs to acknowledge it. This is unacceptable, I bought this car in good faith the basic functionality of the car would work and it does not and GM is not correcting the issue.

- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA

Jul 162014

Aveo

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Aveo. The contact stated that the engine overheated and the temperature gage display stated that the vehicle was overheating. The failure recurred on several occasions. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the drl module needed to be replaced. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign id number: 14V261000 (exterior lighting), however the part needed to perform the recall repair was unavailable. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 32,000.

- Lancaster , PA, USA

Aug 072012

Aveo

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Aveo. While driving approximately 35 mph, the passenger side of the vehicle was hot to touch. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V261000 (exterior lighting). However, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable to perform the repair. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The approximate failure mileage was 29,000.

- Dover , NJ, USA

Sep 062012

Aveo

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Aveo. The contact stated that the interior and exterior lighting failed to illuminate. In addition, the contact noticed that the center console in the instrument panel and the day time running light module was melted. An independent mechanic was made aware of the failure and informed the contact that the vehicle was not safe to drive. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The manufacturer informed the contact that NHTSA campaign id number: 14V261000 (exterior lighting) remedy was being investigated. The approximate failure mileage was 90,000.

- Wellington, OH, USA

Sep 042012

Aveo

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Aveo. The contact stated that the interior and exterior lighting failed. In addition, the contact noticed that the center console and the day time running light module was melted. An independent mechanic was made aware of the failure and informed the contact that the vehicle was not safe to drive. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The manufacturer informed the contact that NHTSA campaign id number: 14V261000 (exterior lighting) remedy was being investigated. The approximate failure mileage was 90,000.

- Wellington, OH, USA

Feb 122014

Aveo

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Aveo. The contact stated that the instrument panel, interior and exterior lights were all inoperable. Also, the contact mentioned that the right signal light failed to function while the head lights were on. The vehicle had not been repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the problem. The contact was made aware of a notification for recall NHTSA campaign number 14V261000 (exterior lighting). However, the VIN was not included. The approximate failure mileage was 75,000.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jun 062007

Aveo 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Aveo. The contact stated that the day time running lights were not working. Additionally, the contact had to use the high beams at night. The contact was made aware of a recall notification under NHTSA campaign id number 14V261000 (lighting) however, the VIN was not included. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 20,000...updated 08/11/14 the consumer stated the vehicle was included in the recall. The part was not yet available for repairs. Updated 08/20/2014

- Henniker, NH, USA

Mar 242014

Aveo

1. multiple times, my driver side door lock has completely fallen into the door. I have probably had this issue "repaired" five to six times, by both the Chevrolet dealer where I bought the car, as well as my own mechanic. 2. things that were wrong when we first brought the car to the dealer for repairs in early April 2014. This is the list we gave them, modified for space: *clock a couple years ago, the clock in my car stopped working. Often, the clock would read 1:00 when I turned the car on, no matter what time it was. Sometimes, it would randomly display another time. Eventually, it just stopped turning on altogether. Player three times, the radio and/or cd player have turned on and off by themselves. This has not happened recently. The cd player sometimes works just fine. Other times, it does not. When it does not work, it does one of two things. It will either spin and spin and spin and then spit the cd out, or, more often, it will read "error 7." I do not know if the latter is connected to the other issues described here, but the former (the turning on and off) probably is. Daytime running lights the daytime running lights no longer work. My regular mechanic tried replacing the bulbs, but new bulbs did not solve the problem. I must manually turn the lights on. Reverse lights sometimes the reverse lights come on when I put the car in reverse. Sometimes, they do not turn on when I put the car in reverse. Interior lights/gauges about 10 days ago, all the interior lights and gauge lights stopped turning on, even when I manually turn the headlights on. The car interior is completely dark. Fog lights I believe these might not be working either. Interior dome light the interior dome light burned out. My regular mechanic replaced the bulb, and that fixed the problem. Right tail light the right tail light is out.

- Chester, VA, USA

Jun 032013

Aveo 4-cyl

I was driving and my daytime running lights first went off. The car still ran but the dash light indicating the lights were working also went off. This is something that happens intermittently. It can and has happened right when I start the car, or while driving on the road.

- Sterling Heights, MI, USA