2006 Chevrolet Aveo seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Aveo:

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Feb 262016

Aveo

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Aveo. While driving 10 mph, the vehicle involuntary accelerated and the braking ability seized. The vehicle crashed into a utility pole. The air bags did not deploy. There were no injuries and a police report was filed. The vehicle was towed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 38,000.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Aug 062015

Aveo

The same time the recall for daytime running lights module came my daytime running lights indicator started flashing and my airbag light came on. I took it to dealer to fix daytime running lights module, I also had airbag light check and they said the wiring harness melted and it cost me over $300 to fix. Is this connected to daytime running light module problem? if so I would like my money back! let me know please.

- Clinton, CT, USA

Jul 052015

Aveo

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Aveo. When the vehicle was started, the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 61,000.

- Schererville, IN, USA

Jun 142015

Aveo

My airbag light came on & stays on. Looked up recall its not listed.

- Renton, WA, USA

May 012015

Aveo

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Aveo. While driving at approximately 60 mph, the air bag warning indicator illuminated continuously. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the air bag warning indicator was functioning properly. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 87,000. The VIN was not available.

- Garland, TX, USA

Feb 132015

Aveo 4-cyl

Both the drivers and passengers airbag lights remain on no matter if parked or driving. Both driver and passenger airbags do not appear to be working. Fear that bags will not deploy in a crash. Feel GM needs to recall this issue, dealers are clueless, I do not intent to have this fixed or even diagnosed based on the sheer quantity of same/similar complains with no clear cut resolution. Passenger airbag off light remains on at all times whether someone is sitting in the seat or not, driver's side airbag light remains on at all times no matter if parked, running, in reverse, neutral, or drive. I seriously hope this car doesn't kill me. Seems with all of the airbag safety recalls, this one needs to be added. It is a safety issue that could cause death.

- Isanti, MN, USA

Dec 252014

Aveo

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Aveo. The contact stated that while driving at a low speeds, the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- West Monroe, LA, USA

Dec 012014

Aveo 4-cyl

2005 and 2006 Chevrolet Aveo the steering area was heating up. The consumer was informed the parts were not available.

- Moxee, WA, USA

Dec 072014

Aveo 4-cyl

I fell asleep at the wheel went through the median while driving down the interstate where the speed limit is 80 outside douglas Wyoming. As I woke when the car was in the middle of the median my car impacted a concrete culvert and went through the guard rail onto the other side of the interstate where it finally can to a stop across the other two lanes of on coming traffic all with no air bag deployment.

- Brush, CO, USA

Nov 052014

Aveo 4-cyl

I have a 2006 Chevrolet Aveo lt that I purchased new, and it currently has less than 60,000 miles on the odometer. It failed Virginia safety inspection because the airbag warning light was on. I took the car to the hudgins holiday Chevrolet dealership in williamsburg, Virginia on November 5, 2014 to have it repaired. After a through diagnosis, they informed me that the problem was a faulty passenger seat occupancy sensor, and it will cost $1,152 to replace the sensor. I searched the web and discovered that this appears to be a very common problem for the Aveo. I found a considerable number of entries where other Aveo owners have had the same problem. Since this a safety issue, because the passenger airbag will not deploy in a crash, and since it seems to effect many Aveos, I feel this problem should be the subject of a recall, or as a minimum, GM should replace the sensor at no cost to the effected Aveo owners.

- Toano, VA, USA

Feb 182014

Aveo 4-cyl

Airbag error light is on.taken to dealership and tested. Technician found that the seat connectors are defective causing a high resistance in the circuit. Airbags may not deploy. Connectors need replaced. Wiring harness needs repaired/replaced.

- Lancaster, OH, USA

Jul 012014

Aveo 4-cyl

2006 Chevrolet Aveo. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle multiple mechanical and electrical problems. The consumer stated she experienced multiple mechanical and electrical problems with the vehicle. It was not disclosed to her, that the vehicle had frame damage, it was a fleet vehicle, and the air bags were replaced with used ones. While driving 45 mph, a bolt in the broke, which caused the engine to collapse and landed on the axle, breaking it on the driver's side. Also, she had the axle replaced previously, not knowing there was a problem with the frame. Due to the frame damage and warped undercarriage, a bolt connected to the frame that was connected to the motor mount hidden under the engine had previously bent and severed 3/4 of the way through the bolt. It went un-detected and her mechanic didn't know what to look for, since the frame was not disclosed.

- Selma, CA, USA

Jul 012014

Aveo 4-cyl

2006 Chevy Aveo I got my daughter this car it seemed to be great when we first got Aveo last year we had to replace the brake switch. There wiring issues air bag lights on and clock comes on and off this year odometer mileage is fading and headlights on no light for mileage. Low fuel and low water does not come on and on the 7/1 and two times on 7/4 her speedometer is not reading right it read 15 miles off from what the car is going faster. The three times getting pulled over and she said the gauge been acting weird then goes back to normal the one cop said I know thats why I don't have one of these cars and still gave her a ticket. So now the car sits until the recall but the best thing ( not ) I have two Aveos my husbands that sit and we get to share between the three of us is my van that's a Dodge. I cant believe wiring heating up by the day time module that will catch fire and it taking this long safety and Chevy has nothing on there site for the recall wow.

- Uhrichsville, OH, USA

May 012012

Aveo

The passenger airbag sensor never turns off, even when someone is sitting in the seat. All of the instrument panel gauges periodically stop working and the instrument panel cluster fuse blows frequently. Also have to frequently use the shift-lock release feature in order to get the car out of park. Have had previous problems with the key getting stuck in the ignition. The daytime running lights also periodically stop working (they turn on and off randomly). Have needed to have damaged wires in the hood compartment fuse box replaced, but all problems keep coming back. Can no longer afford to keep taking the car in for repairs and cannot afford a new car, so I am currently driving with all of these problems. I do not ever feel safe in the car and avoid taking it anywhere unless I absolutely have to. Many of these same problems have been reported by other owners and there needs to be more recalls than just the current fire hazard recall.

- Midpines, CA, USA

Nov 062013

Aveo 4-cyl

Hit from behind with a car pushed my car into a vehicle in front of me. Drivers front air bag deployed. It completely blew up; burning my hand and arm. There was mostly second degree burns. There was some parts on the arm later showing third degree burns. The car I was driving was determined to be totaled.

- Edmonds, WA, USA

Apr 162013

Aveo

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Aveo. The contact was driving 30 mph and crashed into the rear of another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained a concussion and a police report was filed. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnosis where it was stated that the air bags did not deploy because they were stuck. The vehicle was repaired and the manufacturer was not notified. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 37,000.

- Baltimore , MD, USA

Jan 092012

Aveo 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Aveo. The contact stated that the air bag warning light would illuminate sporadically. The dealer replaced the connectors located under the driver's seat. The manufacturer was contacted and denied any assistance with repairs to the failure. The vehicle was repaired. The failure and the current mileage was 65,383. The consumer stated the air bad light came on at least three times. The believed the problme was a loose connection under the driver's seat. Updated 02/24/12

- Muskegon, MI, USA

Aug 272011

Aveo

2006 Aveo red air bag light stays on. Car has high miles but air bag problems seem to be rampant in these cars no matter the mileage. GM should be ashamed of themselves. I have not seen anything like this, most manufacturers care about the safety of their customers.

- Pahrump, NV, USA

Aug 012010

Aveo

The airbag light on the dashboard of my 2006 Chevrolet Aveo came on at about 110,000 miles. I worry that the bag could spontaneously deploy, or fail to deploy when it should. Having read the other complaints of dealers not being able to fix the problem, I hesitate to spend money I can't spare on a "fix" that doesn't work. Chevrolet should solve this problem and issue a recall for models that use this type of airbag.

- Austin, TX, USA

Jul 272010

Aveo

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Aveo. Upon starting the vehicle the air bag off light illuminated on the dashboard. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where he was unable to diagnose the failure. The vehicle was not repaired and the air bag off light continues to illuminate. The failure and current mileages were 50,000.

- Marilla, NY, USA