$3,733.00

1. replace radiator (1 reports)
2008 Chevrolet Aveo cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Aveo:

2008 Chevrolet Aveo Owner Comments

May 252013

Aveo LT 1.6L L4

Gahhh! Let me begin by saying I am not a car aficionado. However, I do take care of my car to the best of my ability and trust me my oil is changed four times a year. This car is only 5 years old!

We were in the carpool lane going speed limit (I swear) when the car lost the ability to accelerate. We coasted off the freeway exit, but not without angering several drivers, and reached the first stop light just before the cars stopped on its own and began smoking profusely. Let me tell you, it was ugly. My husband shut the off the engine and it continued to smoke for about half an hour to 40 minutes. We got a tow back to a repair place near home. They said the radiator was cracked and leaking fluid which ended up melting/damaging several other parts. It ended up needing $2205 in parts. Another 2008 Chevy Aveo came in to the next garage over and they had let us know that they had the same EXACT problem, different people diagnosing it.

When I called GM they said I should have taken it to a GM repair shop because they don't accept diagnosis from privately owned shops (Um, excuse me!) The mechanic gave me the bulletin from motoralldata.com explaining the problem to my husband and father-in-law and I explained the details of this to the GM representative. She said there is nothing they will do about it because there is no recall out on our car.

Apparently, it is caused by the fan shroud rubbing on the radiator. I can see how five years of this going unnoticed would cause the damage it did.

Anyway, I will never own another GM vehicle again in my life. They have absolutely no professional integrity. If you know you sold a POS car I think you have a moral obligation to inform the customer on the problem so it can be handled accordingly.

GM please get your head out of your A$$h*le.

- , Mission Viejo, CA, USA