2009 Chevrolet Aveo electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Aveo:

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Jun 212010

Aveo

2009 Chevy Aveo - since purchased last July have had intermittent shut downs. Will be driving and go to make a turn and with out any warning the car shuts off. I have brought it back to Chevy numerous times and they cant seem to find the problem. Told them this is a safety issue and if the car shuts off while on the interstate there is no way for me to get out of the way of traffic. I loose all power in the car. Then it takes a few seconds before the car will restart.approx 6 mo after I had the car I was told by the service manager at Chevy that there was something on their trouble board and they had to reprogram the computer. This temporarily fixed the problem until April of this year when it started again. Although I am in the process of a buyback from Chevy they still have me driving the car. My 22 year old daughter used the car a week ago and experienced this while trying to exit off of one main road and enter onto another. The car just shut off.

- Croton On Hudson, NY, USA

Oct 032009

Aveo

The instrument lights on my new 2009 Chevrolet Aveo do not work. The fuse is fine but it appears to be a burnt connector in the engine fuse box. I have read online that hundreds of Aveos have had the identical problem. Thank you.

- Savannah, GA, USA