2009 Chevrolet Aveo fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Aveo:

2009 Chevrolet Aveo Owner Comments

Sep 012014

Aveo 4-cyl

As a father I am writing this on behalf of my 18yr old daughter. This vehicle has lost steering, brakes and acceleration 3 times over 2 years of ownership. Each time has been at low speeds (2mph - 10mph) while driving at low speeds in traffic, the Aveo will loose the ability to accelerate, no matter how far the gas pedal is pushed down. The brakes only work slightly, and the pedal is hard push down. The steering is very unresponsive, similar to the brake issue it's hard to steer. While the above 3 issues happen at once, the engine is at idle. To fix, she has to turn the car off and restart.

- Bellevue, WA, USA

Apr 152014

Back in 2010, car shut off while accelerating onto freeway. Took into Chevy, could not duplicate & didn't fix. Happened 3 more times over 2 years, finally took it in 2012. Dealership shop said it was a faulty oxygen sensor in fuel line. Happened on listed date of incident in rush hour traffic, driving less than 20mph. Vehicle completely shut off. Have not taken it back to be looked at.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Apr 302009

Got this car brand new off the lot with only 43 miles on it. Around 3000 miles I had my first major problem. I was going down I-95 in St. Paul, mn at around 75 miles/hr and the car jerked then cut off. Mind you this is rush hour traffic and I had 2 toddlers in the car with me. We almost got rear ended by an 18 wheeler before I could get the car to drift to shoulder. Took 3 weeks to fix the fuel pump bc the car was so new they had not made extra parts yet. About a year later I started having electrical problems- onstar not working or randomly turning on, clock resetting itself to random times, dash lights either going out or all staying on, headlights randomly working, and of course I took to 2 different Chevy dealers and neither could tell me what was wrong only that it wasn't covered under warranty =/ once the car turned 4 years on it has begun eating fuses and coil packs. This is after the coil pack and spark plugs/boots put on by Chevy after that recall. It is eating coil packs every 4-6 months and at 150-200$ a pop it is expensive especially once you factor in mechanic labor. I hate this car and wish I never got it. I miss my 96 Dodge Caravan with the oil leak and manual windows. I felt much safer in that old van and it was more reliable- it never left me even with a blown head gasket. Chevrolet should be ashamed of themselves for putting their name on a now defunct pos foreign Daewoo crap and selling it to us as american made. There isn't anything made in North America. There are a few parts made in Mexico but most are Korean made. I would never have gotten it if I had glimpsed those Daewoo stamps under the hood, trunk, and car jams.

- Burgaw, NC, USA

Feb 122014

Vehicle just locked up, and I was forced to coast down a hill from my houseintyo uncoming traffic.. this has been the second time this has occurred with this vehicle, the first ime, I called triple aaa and had the car towed to arroway Chevrolet dealership in mount kisco NY. This is where I purchased the vehicle. This occured with a 2005 Chevrolet cavalier tht I purchased from arroway in mount kisco, it occured so frequently, that I turned it in and purchased the Aveo. Unfortunately, the same thing is happening with this car.

- Mount Kisco, NY, USA