2011 Chevrolet Aveo body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Aveo:

2011 Chevrolet Aveo Owner Comments

Mar 022015

Exterior driver door lock fell out of position and into door panel. Automatic door lock would hold door as 'locked' could not open door inside or out screw holding the locking mechanism in position was nylon and failed. Driver could not exit automobile !!! if in an accident or fire driver might die or passenger(s) if passenger door failed. Had I not had tools and knowledge we would have had to call emergency services (911) for extracation as the driver was trapped. Vehicle was stopped at shopping center and when driver entered and shut door, could not open door again as lock fell 'out of place'

- Hiram, GA, USA

Oct 102014

Aveo 4-cyl

I was driving and my whole right rear wheel came off while I was driving on the road out of nowhere. I slid about 30 yards down the street and hit an object that damaged my front end. Thought it was my tire but come to find out it was literally my whole wheel and it ripped out my back bumper. My tire is in good shape but my whole wheel bearing came off. The drum lug nut is still intact. I believe this is a manufacturer defect that needs to be brought to your attention. My life was jeopardized and I'm so glad I wasn't on the freeway because if so I may not be here today. I strongly suggest some action needs to partake in this situation and matter!

- Tacoma, WA, USA

Jul 102012

Aveo 4-cyl

The car began to shake as I was driving down the highway. Then the wheels started to pull and the car began going from the left side of the highway to the right side of the highway. Soon after the car began to spin on the highway and I attempted to pull to the side of the road and collided with a wall.

- Alpharetta , GA, USA