9.0

2. replaced the key switch (2 reports)
1997 Chevrolet Blazer electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Chevrolet Blazer:

1997 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments

Feb 022011

Blazer

Rather than rant, I seek solutions. I have been told it is the Transmission Control Module solenoid. Can anyone verify this could cause the problem I am experiencing? Other likely options? Thanks, BDC123

- , Huntington, WV, USA

Jul 022010

Blazer 4.3L

WELL BEING A CERT.MASTER MECH. IT IS REALLY WHAT I DO . BUT IT IS TOTALLY REDICULOUS . BECAUSE NO SCANNER. PICKS UP SUCH A PROBLEM .SO PUT DOWN ALL OF YOUR HIGH TECH TOOLS .AND ACCESS. BECAUSE THEY WON;T YOU WITH THIS 1. AT ALL. THE VEHICLE STARTS AND RUNS. BUT BUT BUT U WILL HAVE ALL KINDS OF IRREGULAR READINGS PROBLEMS .

- , Detriot, MI, USA

Dec 152008

Blazer S10 V6

My mechanic put it on the diagnostic and found no problem. I first noticed the airbag light on the dashboard coming on. Then the vehicle would give the impression it was going to stall, a sputtering, and then nothing, back to normal. During this one month period the vehicle has stalled twice. Battery connections are good. When this started the weather was good, no minus temperatures to effect the engine.

- , Bloomington, MN, USA

Feb 112008

Blazer LS 4.3L V6

The engine would simply shut down without warning, but only for a few seconds at a time. It did not matter what speed I was driving or whether the road was bumpy or smooth. Let me tell you this was Very scary and dangerous when you are trying to accelerate onto a freeway or crossing an intersection, or especially a set of RR tracks. Sometimes the SES light would come on and sometimes not.

The problem was that we could not figure out what the cause was until the contacts in the key switch got bad enough to cause other problems as well. Then we were able to figure out what was wrong. This is a serious safety issue and I am reporting it to the NTSB.

- , San Jose, CA, USA