2. installed new fuel pump (1 reports)
  3. replaced fuel pump 6 times in 1 year (1 reports)
  4. replaced the sending unit (1 reports)
1997 Chevrolet Blazer fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Chevrolet Blazer:

1997 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments

Oct 132014

Blazer LS 4.3L V6

At ~138,000 miles, I parked the Blazer after work. When I attempted to start the vehicle to go to the store, the engine cranked but would not run. Attached a fuel pressure gauge to the fuel line in the engine bay and no pressure was being generated. Fuse and relay checked out OK. Removed fuel tank and installed a new fuel pump (~$120 online). Vent valve broke when I lowered the fuel tank, so that required replacing too ($15 at National Auto Parts chain.) Vehicle now starts without issue.

- , Spokane, WA, USA

May 092011

Blazer V6

Power to fuel pump keeps being interrupted, slamming rear hatch brings it back

- , Novelty, OH, USA

Jul 032007

Blazer LT 4.3L V6

Chevy Blazers are known for fuel pump failures! I wish I would have known this before I bought mine. I had mine replaced 3 times in 1 month!!! I was fortunate that I only had to pay for the first time.

- , Whitehall, WI, USA

Jan 022008

Blazer 4.3L

Fu@K GM and their junk. I have replaced the fuel sending unit 4 X in the last 3 years. 4 times @ 350 a pop

- , Salt Lake City, UT, Afghanistan

Mar 122005

Every time I pay $400 or $500 to "FIX" the problem, the first time I drive it I have to call a wrecker. It will be running fine. You cut it off and it won't start, it will turn over fine, but it won't start. Each time they said it was a bad fuel pump (6 in 1 yr), then they said sensor ($450). I don't know where to go from here Please help

- , Horse Shoe, NC, USA