1. constantly replace the ball joints (1 reports)
  2. replaced wheel bearings (1 reports)
1998 Chevrolet Blazer suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet Blazer:

1998 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments

Apr 112007

Blazer LS 4.3L V6

I've replaced the upper and lower ball joints on this blazer 3 times, not to mention wheel bearings, idler arm, tie rod, ect. . and this is normal commuting to work, no off road, brought to good mechanics, car was just designed very poorly

- , Lansing, MI, USA

Sep 092006

Once again I'm pouring money & time into my suspension of my 98 blazer. Previously I replaced all the ball joints (3 times), left wheel bearing, idler arm, pitman arm, just recently it was a combo problem. First whenever you hit the gas it made the loudest clanging noise a car could make. I thought the transmission had it, however it shifted fine (at this point I always assume the worst). So the if it wasn't the trans. it probably was the u- joints. Hooray finally a cheap fix. So solving the clanging problem I still had a rumbling sound. Next to be replaced was the right wheel bearing. About the cheap fix on the u-joints I spoke to soon. So $125 later and some hours I replaced the bearing. I'm knocking on wood right now but what else can go?

- , Shenandoah, PA, USA