6.0

1. replaced upper & lower ball joints (1 reports)
1998 Chevrolet Blazer suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet Blazer:

1998 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments

Sep 092006

Blazer

I purchased a 98 blazer from a friend of mine who bought it new himself. He replaced the upper & lower ball joints 1,000 miles after the warranty ran out (what a surprise). I purchased it with 55,000 miles on it. I greased them up along with every oil change. After buying new tires I replaced uppers & lowers on advice from a mechanic at 70,000 miles along with a front end alignment. Now thinking I was good to go for awhile my new tires started wearing unevenly at (87,000) miles so I went to a different shop for an alignment and was told once again the ball joint were shot along with the idler arm & pitman arm. Okay I replaced them all but now after only getting 17,000 miles out of my new tires I'm gunshy on buying new skins. Any one else have this problem?

- , Shenandoah, PA, USA