1. replace heads (1 reports)
1999 Chevrolet Blazer engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chevrolet Blazer:

1999 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments

Feb 242011

Blazer SL V6

click to see larger images

I bought this blazer for 4550 thinking I would have a nice vehicle for once that would take me a long way. I bought it in Oct of 2007 before May of 2008 I started having trouble. It overheated and I had to take it to the shop. They told me it had bad compression in 3 of the cylanders. It took about a year before I could get it fixed. My son replaced both heads. It has been running rough even after that. Every Feb I have issues with it starting and have to replace the rotor and cap. This year was no different. I have to have it towed to the shop and I have them do a compression test. Low and behold two cylanders have no compression.

Its a pain in the ass. Im a widow and don't have the man to fix vehicle problems anymore! I don't have money to spend to fix fix fix, and I don't have money to get a different one. I know to some its not much money to spend on a vehicle, but it is to me. I never spent more than 1500 on a vehicle before. Why am I having so much trouble with this one!!!! I will never buy another blazer again!

- , Dodgeville, WI, USA