$1,780.00

1. replace trans, coolant line, flush coolant system well (1 reports)
  2. replaced transmission (1 reports)
1999 Chevrolet Blazer transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chevrolet Blazer:

1999 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments

Jul 042004

Blazer LT 4.3L V6

This was only a couple months after I bought the car, used. After this repair, I drove the car another year...just past the warranty on the transmission...It went again! The problem with this car is that a coolant line has a habit of rupturing, so the fluids mix and eat up the transmission. There has been no recalls for this problem and it has been a thorn in my side since I bought it. I have no idea how many transmissions the previous owner put in it, but this is so bad I hate to sell to anyone if I do get it fixed. These cars should have been recalled- I will NEVER buy another GM car for as long as I live.

- , Flushing, MI, USA

May 032008

Blazer 3.8L 6 V6

I only owned this blazer for 2 months when the transmission went, it always shifted hard but then one day it just wouldn't go above 1st gear. I replaced it for a grand total of 2,000 bucks. Then 14 months later the transmission went again. I wont be replacing it this time and have decided to junk the blazer.

- , Holley, NY, USA