2. replacement (2 reports)
2000 Chevrolet Blazer AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Blazer:

2000 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments

Apr 022009

Blazer LX 4.3L V6

Didn't check coolant level of freezing in -30C weather, truck overheated in winter, probably freeing up the heater core and putting tiny hole in it. Truck smelled like anti-freeze whenever heat was turned on. A definite clue, with no cure but to replace the heater core! I think GM must have hanged the heater core from a wire on the assembly line, the built the truck from there out!!

- , Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canada

Dec 212006

I've had my Blazer for 3 years now and have been fairly happy. This summer, my windows started fogging up. It's worse in the winter! I try to defrost my windows and it gets foggier and smells like fish! Foggy vapor comes out of the vents. I drive with my windows cracked and the vents covered just to see. I have a four year old and one on the way. I can't wait to get a new car. I'm looking into Nissan.

- , Chesapeake, VA, USA

Aug 102007

Blazer LS V6

They told me that replacing the coolant and backflushing it got the heater core to work again. But if it stopped again, they have to replace it.

- , Sartell, MN, USA

Jan 162005

Coolant leak into car and fooged up windows

- , Virginia Beach, VA, USA