2000 Chevrolet Blazer accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Blazer:

2000 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments

Mar 032007

Blazer LS V6

The dome light won't go off so we have to over ride it. Then we have to put my son in his car seat in the dark which is very hard. I am getting very upset with all my problems. I don't really love my blazer I just wish they would step up and fix these problems.

- , Cadillac, MI, USA

Dec 212006

Blazer LT 4.3L V6

I just bought my Blazer a few weeks ago and spend a little money and time getting it running almost like new. The only unresolved issue is that the dome lights will only go off if I use the override button.

Ok, here is the situation. (1) The alarm thinks that the doors are open, therefore I can lock the doors, but the alarm never activates (it's always waiting for the doors to shut even though they already are). (2) The door ajar light never comes on while I'm driving, even if I really do open a door. (3) But if I try to lock the doors with the vehicle in drive, the driver's door unlocks itself immediately. (It is supposed to unlock only the drivers door if the vehicle is in drive and someone hits the lock button with the door open. It my case, it always thinks the door is open, so if I try to lock the doors with the car in motion, it will unlock the driver's.) (4) The fricken dome lights won't turn off unless I do it manually.

I have narrowed it down to (1) a bad door jamb switch or (2) a bad diode. I am thinking about ruling out the switches. I feel that if the switch would go bad, it would go bad in that it would not complete the circuit, thus not turning on the dome lights when a door is open. Yet, the dome lights are always on, as if they are always getting power from somewhere. Also, it is easier to get to the diodes to test them than it is to get to each switch.

Anyone, please help!!!!!!!