7.8

2. stop making lousy cars (5 reports)
  3. should be a recall!!! (3 reports)
  4. reads in opposite direction (1 reports)
  5. sending unit needs to be replaced (1 reports)
2000 Chevrolet Blazer accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Blazer:

2000 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 052006

Blazer

I thought I was alone in this issue. The gauge is all over the place, and I never know how much fuel I have in the tank. I reply on the trip meter like many folks here. Ridiculous! I hate my Blazer!!

- , Taylor, MI, USA

Aug 252006

Blazer LT

Just wanted to add my gas gauge problem to the list, so that people know that this seems to be a common problem on GM vehicles. I've been told to "live with it" as it will cost between $600 - $700 to repair, as it must have the whole unit replaced. I have been watching my tripometer and filling up on a regular basis. What a pain!!

- , Islip, NY, USA

Apr 092006

Blazer

After a year of trying to get the dealer to fix the odometer/trip meter, the gas gauge decided to read full or empty at random. Fill the tank, a few minutes later watch the needle drop to empty, Wait 30 seconds, you're full again.

Chevy lost all hope of EVER having me as a customer again as I sat on the NY thruway with the outside temp at -6 F and me outa gas. BTW - it costs $40 for 4 gallons of gas from when this happens.

We have been setting the trip meter to figure out how much gas is left. And every time I push the trip reset button, I renew my vow to NEVER buy a Chevy again.

I wonder why the Lordstown plant shut down? You say that there are no customers? I wonder why????

- , Hudson, OH, USA

Apr 112006

Blazer

My fuel gauge started becoming erratic at 35000 miles. I do a lot of driving as I have a fairly long commute to work each day. I never know how much fuel is in the Blazer. I can fill it up, and in 5 minutes, the low fuel light comes on. The gauge constantly goes from full to empty. I'm surprised the damn light hasn't burned out yet. Its quite a pain and I end up wasting time everyday stopping at gas stations to top off the tank. Chevy has been no help on the problem. It is a known problem for them and faulty craftmanship on their part. Needless to say, I've always been a Chevy fan, but no longer. I'm in the market for a new vehicle, and for the first time in my life, Chevy will not be a consideration. They should have recalled this product a long time ago, whether a consumer had 10 miles or 100000 miles on the vehicle. It is faulty craftmanship. I don't even want to go into the wheel bearings.

- , North Port, FL, USA

Mar 222006

Blazer

I never know when I am running out of fuel because the gauge is all over the place. I am constantly having to stop for gas even when it is full because it may show that it's empty, vice versa. This is very troublesome especially for someone like me who is always traveling long distances and never mind the fact that I have to pay to have it repaired.

- , Ft. Bragg, NC, USA

Jan 162005

Blazer

I now have to set my trip odometer to tell me when to fill my tank. What a lousy made car. This is the worse auto I have ever owned. problem after problem after problem. I will never own a GMC product again. I spen more on theis new Blazer than I did on my 1989 Blazer with 165000 miles!!!!

- , Virginia Beach, VA, USA