2000 Chevrolet Blazer accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Blazer:

2000 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments

Nov 012012

Blazer LS 4.3L Vortec

The back hatch of my Blazer has two cords attached to the window. This is what I understand helps defog the back window. One of the cords is not attached. If one is attached and one isn't, I don't know if that would keep the defogger from working.

When I press the button on my climate control console, the amber light does come on and my heated side view mirrors work. However, the rear window is not defogging/defrosting, and when condensation kicks in I am finding myself having to wipe the interior side of the back window with a towel. Pain in the butt.

I heard this can be fixed via soldering iron, but I have no idea how to do that. Next time I see my mechanic I'm gonna bring it up, and update this problem

- , Kenai, AK, USA