2000 Chevrolet Blazer cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Blazer:

2000 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments

Aug 102007

Blazer LS V6

This is the first time I had to get them fixed. I did this because they said it was a concern.

I also had to get them fixed again at around 117,000 miles for another $400.

GO FIGURE, they are bad again now. I was told they were bad again at about 140,000 when I began noticing a burning oil smell once in a blue moon. This time my shop told me that it is a known problem with the Chevy Blazer to have frequent problems with this. But repairing it isnt a *must do immediately repair, just keep an eye on the oil levels. According to Gilleland Chev in St. Cloud MN. Although I trust this because I always seem to walk out of there with more problems then I walked in with, I kinda trust this advise because they were actually telling me I could wait to get repairs and give them more money!!! Notice how the repairs always come up out of the 12000 mile repair warranty? GM/CHEV... Your own DEALERS are saying this is a known issue... EVER HEAR OF RECALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Sartell, MN, USA

Dec 072006

Blazer LS 4,3

The Oil cooling line near the radiator busted due to the fact that it was not routed properly and the hose rubbed against the metal until it broke. This happened at 52000 miles and the dealer did not covered it under the warranty (It was out) even though it was Chevrolet's fault to begin with.

- , Baltimore, MD, USA