5.6

2000 Chevrolet Blazer electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Blazer:

2000 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments

Oct 142008

Blazer

Smoke from steering column, after the smoke from the column the hazard lights and switch would not work, break lights would not work either. GM dealer replaced the multifunction switch @ a cost of $438.50 and said they never heard of this problem before. Vehicle was recalled and was apparently fixed for the same reason 6 yrs ago.

- Altoona, PA, USA

Jun 202002

Blazer 4WD 6-cyl

I purchased my 2000 Blazer in 6/20/02 from a Chevy dealer in pa. I purchased the extended warranty. I have until 6/07 OR100000 miles I have replaced the coil and distributor cap and rotor 5 times a new fuel pump a catalytic converter windshield washer motor and turn signal switch it has gotten to the point that I can't even sell it to anyone private and I can't afford to keep it. There has been electrical and computer issues shorts that melted the fuse box under the hood that melted the relay for the fuel pump. Also there was a short that wiped the computer codes out and I had a rough time passing emission testing I am at the point the extended warranty does not want to spend any more on the vehicle. I have had the motor mounts replaced twice in 4 years. I have never been notified of any recalls orservice notices. I have had the vehicle serviced by licensed mechanics and had it serviced at the appropriate mileage required for the warranty.

- Ephrata, PA, USA

Mar 202005

Blazer 6-cyl

The "blinking noise" of my blinker won't stop. The blinkers work okay but the clicking will randomly click. 2000 Chevy Blazer

- Perrysburg, OH, USA

Jun 222004

Blazer

Blinker sound contiunes when blinkers are not really on, it's annoying and an electrical problem, but could potentially cause an accident. Many car repair shops have heard of this same problem on the same vehicle.

- Bridgeport, OH, USA

Jan 022004

Blazer 6-cyl

On five separate occasions the vehicle stalled while driving at any speed. The driver was able to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and they were unable to duplicate the problem. The engine shut down without any warning at any speed and while idling in park, the engine restarted. The problem could not be duplicated. The gas filter, ignition wiring, and the fuel pump was replaced but the vehicle was still experiencing the same problem.

- Mill Run, PA, USA

Mar 012004

Blazer 4WD 6-cyl

Have put 3 batteries in car that's 3 1/2 years old. Have replaced passenger hub assembly. Have replaced leaking oil lines. Constant carbon build-up on throttle. Car sometimes "dies" with no reason. Battery light comes on, but normally cranks again. Dealership claims they are clueless. All this has occured in 3 1/2 years and I bought the car new.

- Gastonia, NC, USA

Mar 132001

Blazer 6-cyl

While driving 25 mph the transmission failed. The dealer was notified about 7 months ago but they could not duplicate or correct the problem. The dealer was notified of the shruddering and slippage of the transmission at 23863. The front differential pinion seal leaked, the check light was replaced due to the malfunctioning switch, the brake light had become inoperative due to an open circuit, the heating seat was inoperative, there was a rattle in right front suspension, the transmission had no reverse, and there was hard shifting into the forward gears.

- Soddy Daisy, TN, USA

Jun 192001

Blazer 4WD 6-cyl

The head light flickered and had gone out, the engine surged at 59 mph, and the vehicle experienced an oil leaked, when the turn signal was activated, the radio went go out, and the left turn signal on the headlight had gone out. Mr scc

- East Canton, OH, USA

Jul 012002

Blazer

The vehicle would not start at first attempt. But when the consumer put the vehicle in neutral and put key in ignition again it started right up. Then the consumer noticed that the radio was flashing numbers and words and then faded out and stopped working. The consumer stated that all these failures were due to electrical failure and wants investigation on the electrical system.

- Daly City, CA, USA