4.0

2. remove alarm system (1 reports)
2000 Chevrolet Blazer electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Blazer:

2000 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments

Jun 052013

Blazer SL 4.3L V6

The vehicle would try to start on its own whenever the door was shut to hard, but would not allow you to start the vehicle yourself. The alarm does not stop, and the lights flash. Embarrassing at the least. This problem was intermittent at first, and would normally quit after a few minutes, or an hour or so. However, the last time that this occurred it happened for 3 days straight, non stop. I removed the battery and everything.

I had to tow the vehicle to a shop, where they disconnected the alarm, and keyless entry. I at first assumed that it was the auto starters fault that the previous owners has installed on the vehicle, but apparently this happens to Blazers for some reason. It was inexpensive, but a pain. I loved the vehicle, but its a nickel and dimer

- , Bay City, MI, USA

Jun 082011

Blazer V6

When I shut the door too hard my alarm goes off. It stops when I put my key in the ignition.

- , Downingtown, PA, USA