2000 Chevrolet Blazer electrical problems:

"Security" Light Comes On And Car Won't Start

9.3

2000 Chevrolet Blazer electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Blazer:

ERROR -- [ CarComplaints.com ]

There's been an error - Database connection not made: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

Please click your browser's Back button to try again.

2000 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments

Jun 022011

Blazer

We have found if we unhook the battery cable and let stand, then put back it resets everything and then will start.

- , Winston Salem, NC, USA

Jul 042012

Blazer

I paid the dealership $700.00 to repair this problem, and it is STILL broken. I took it back twice and they said the brain was the original problem. Why didn't they say that to begin with!! My security light comes on, flashes and the car will not start. This is a faulty part/system says the dealership. Why should I have to pay for a faulty part/system?

I did learn a trick that sometimes helps... turn key to accessory position, wait till light stays on without flashing, then turn to off position and start. This takes exactly 10 minutes each attempt and is very inconvenient. Don't try to start before light stops flashing or you have to do it all over again. I have been stranded so many times that it has become infuriating! As you can imagine, I am reluctant to have the brain replaced because that is very expensive, and I am not guaranteed that will solve the problem. I am and always have been a Chevy girl, but I am starting to become swayed to prefer Ford like my husband does. Own up, recall, and fix this CHEVY!!!!!!

- , Saint Clair Shores, MI, USA

Jul 012009

Blazer

This is a serious pain in the a$$ when I've got my 3 year old and 7 month old in the car. I have to let the car sit for at least 10 minutes before trying to start it again. My regular mechanic said I might have to take it to the dealer. NO WAY. They've ripped me off too many times. HELP!!! Sometimes I can go months and not have a problem with it. It did it three times in the last week.

- , Cheyenne, WY, USA