2000 Chevrolet Blazer steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Blazer:

2000 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments

Feb 112011

This is the ghettoist thing in the world. I seriously go to the dollar store and stock up on Power Steeling fluid. Every dang morning putting a bottle in. This car is ridiculous. And if I made too much of a turn, it would crap out and make horrid noises! Nowadays because it's Winter I haven't had to deal with it much at all...but in the summer, LORD! It's annoying. Must. Have. A. New. Car. If I calculate the money I spent on the crap load of gas and power steeling fluid I have to pour in this crappy car...I think I could afford a nice fancy car... ;)

- , Jacksonville, FL, USA

Sep 052006

I had a leaky power steering pump. I took it to the dealer (I was past my warranty). I had them replace it. Just shy of a year later, my power steering started to make noises. I took it back to the dealer to have them look at it. They said the noise wasn't the power steering. I disagreed, and had a different mechanic shop examine it. They agreed that it was indeed the power steering. So, asked the dealer if they were prepared to fix it, even if it is over the 1-year warranty on the part. They said thet would "consider" it. Now, it is leaking again. I'm so sick of this Blazer and the damn dealership service department! No more American cars for me.

- , Taylor, MI, USA