2. replace plastic part (1 reports)
  3. replaced motor (1 reports)
  4. replaced the little gizmo actuator (1 reports)
2000 Chevrolet Blazer windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Blazer:

2000 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments

Jan 012003

Blazer LT 4.3

The rear latch in the actuator that hold the window closed, stopped working. It will not hold the window closed. I ended up spraying it with WD-40 to lube it. It was a temporary fix and recurred quite often. The last time it happened, after lubing it and slamming the window shut repeatedly, I got it to hold the window in place, I then super glued the button on the dashboard for the actuator for fear of mistakenly hitting the button and not being able to close my rear window ever again.

- , Endicott, NY, USA

Jul 152009

Blazer LS 3.2L V6

What I Hate about this part is the plastic peice. The actuator still works correctly but the blue plastic moving the metal bars in the rear door has broke. Now they want $80 for the whole part. Why use plastic on something that does alot of moving and is submitted to below 0 temps in my state. My best friends 2004 Chevy's blazer did the same thing but she had $$$. Trying to find a used part without the plastic broken is nigh on immpossible. Someone send me one !

- , Rock Springs, WY, USA

Jul 122008

Blazer ZR2

One day my rear gate window stopped working...I could hear the actuator still going off, but it would not release the window. How do I fix this?! Is there a trick to getting the trim off of the inside of the gate to be able to get to the actual mechanics of this gate latch?

- , Lansing, MI, USA

Sep 012006

Blazer 4.3L

Closing rear hatch/gate one day and heard funny little noise like something rattleling. Like tiny plastic. When trying to open gate window by pushing release button, it was stuck shut. I could still hear the actuator firing. I left it for some time then out of frustration, I disassembled the rear hatch (which is not easy and involves some mild cursing) and found a little blue clip attached to the actuator had snapped. I went to the junk yard for a replacement part.

- , West Valley, UT, USA

Mar 222007

Blazer LS V6

The drivers side door controls for the passenger window and the rear passenger window does not work at all... this is a huge pain in the ass since I have kids and they forget to roll up windows.

- , Stafford, VA, USA

Jan 262007

Blazer LX V6

A week after I purchased the vehicle I had to return it to the dealer to have the motor replaced in the drivers side window. It was making an awful sound. This was covered under warranty.

- , Hagerstown, MD, USA