2001 Chevrolet Blazer accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Blazer:

2001 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments

Mar 202008

Blazer 4WD 6-cyl

Lost dash light and gauges.

- Holden, ME, USA

Aug 012006

Blazer 4WD 6-cyl

I was in a drive through which looped around the building. I applied the brake to stop at the window and could feel the ABS engage and the vehicle did not want to stop. It scared me and of course I reapplied the brake quickly, to avoid hitting the vehicle in front of me, and I was finally able to stop. This happened again a few weeks later at a large intersection at a red light. I was 7 months pregnant at the time and was pretty scared. I have heard several of these complaints and I know that the brakes on every year before this were recalled. I also had trouble with the brake lights and four-ways, which stopped working. I was driving and the four ways came on. I had to pull over and ended up holding the button down while I drove in order for them to stop flashing. Shortly after the turn signals stopped working. Finally, the speedometer temporarily stopped working, then shortly after that, the heat stopped working, the vehicle only blowing cold air. We replaced the thermostat but the heat still would not function. I ended up getting rid of the vehicle because of the numerous malfunctions.

- Pittsfield, MA, USA