2001 Chevrolet Blazer brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Blazer:

2001 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments

Jan 062016

Brake pedal soft and brake warning lamp came on, made partial check ( it was dark already ) of brake system and one of the left front brake lines is rusted thru and leaking checked for recall but no luck. Vehicalin motion on a city street going straight.

- N.Chas, SC, USA

Feb 042013

ABS and brake light continuously on and when braking the ABS will activate making braking difficult.

- Toledo, OH, USA

Dec 302013

Blazer 6-cyl

Any time I am driving my fuel gauge goes crazy. I never know how much fuel I actually have because it constantly goes up and down. I've ran out of gas a few times because it shows I have 1/4 tank or more and then it'll just go down all the way, then shoot up 3/4 tank and so on. When I'm coming to a stop, especially in small downhills, my brake pedal starts vibrating and barely slows down. I get nervous all the time because I'm afraid my car will not stop. It also does this if I'm starting to brake, and one of the wheels hits a small bump in the road, then it's almost impossible to brake normally because the brake pedal starts vibrating, the ABS brakes light comes on, and my car will not slow down which is very scary especially if I have my 3 year old in the car.

- Chico, CA, USA

Jun 032013

Blazer 6-cyl

About once a few weeks, my ABS will activate when it is not supposed to. I will be trying to make a normal stop, sometimes an abnormally slow stop and the brake pedal will vibrate and depress but the vehicle won't stop the way it's supposed to. At that point, I usually jam the brakes down and pray. Sometimes when I have enough stopping distance, I will pump the brakes and it goes back to normal. When are you force GM to do a recall? I read the blogs about this problem today, and this a frequent problem with this make and model.

- Johnstown, OH, USA

Sep 172012

Brake/ABS lights come on the dash, no ABS brakes at all, so now what "?"

- Spanish Fork , UT, USA