7.0

2001 Chevrolet Blazer electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Blazer:

2001 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments

May 012011

Blazer LX 3.2L V6

Second time this has happened. turn key and nothing. the lights all come on but no sound or start. after letting it sit it starts.

- , Elk Grove, CA, USA

Dec 082009

Blazer LT 4.3L, V6

the battery is ok and every thing electrical works but the motor will not turn over, it's as though the starter is missing in action. and then all of a sudden, 20 minutes or so later it starts as if nothing is wrong.

- , Paso Robles, CA, USA

Apr 052009

Blazer LT

Once in a while, I get in my blazer and it won't start. The battery lights come on and the radio plays, but the car won't start. I had the battery replaced, but it is still doing it. Very frustrating!

- , Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Aug 252006

Blazer LE

Apparently people have been having this problem with other Chevy models as well. The security light comes on while I'm driving and after that, it won't start unless I let it sit there for like 10-20 minutes. At first I thought it was my distributor. But after reading the manual and the complaints on this website, it appears that it's the Passlock system. Is there any way to disable it?

- , West Mifflin, PA, USA