3.2

2001 Chevrolet Blazer wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Blazer:

2001 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments

Aug 132005

Blazer 4WD 6-cyl

In December of 2003 my wife and I drove our 2001 Chevrolet Blazer 4X4 home to North Carolina from Massachusetts where I am stationed in the us coast guard. On January 14, 2005 I took the vehicle in for its state inspection in nc and found out that the left wheel hub was so loose that the whole wheel was about to come off. The odometer read 68267. Today (8/13/2005) my wife came home from church and told me there was a problem with the Blazer. The ABS light was illuminated. I was curious so I jacked up the front of the vehicle and come to find out the right wheel is about to come off. The hub is that loose. I am going to find out more on Monday when I get the vehicle in a shop.

- Buzzards Bay, MA, USA

Mar 242005

Blazer 4WD 6-cyl

Left front hub bearing bad at 52,401 miles

- Gahanna, OH, USA

Jul 012002

Blazer

I have at least 1 friend whose General Motors vehicle had the same failure with the wheel hub assembly at similar low mileage. Wheel bearings on a new vehicle should last longer than 37,000 miles. I believe this is General Motors/Chevrolet defect.

- Orange, TX, USA