4.0

1. replace actuator (1 reports)
2002 Chevrolet Blazer transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Blazer:

2002 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments

Apr 082011

Blazer LS 4.2L

Well I was getting dropped off at work by the wife an threw the car in park, none of the doors unlocked which prompted my wife to ask honey did you just put the car in park because the doors didn't unlock. Sure enough looking at the dash the green square (that usually appears around the P indicating the car is in park) wasn't there. I got out the car and I could push it back and forth with it being in (park). A friend of mine belongs to a blazer forum and they found that it was a problem with an "actuator" which apparently is a $50 part. I haven't attempted to get this fixed yet, but for now we use the emergency brake to park and throw the car in neutral to start it.

- , Redford, MI, USA