2003 Chevrolet Blazer brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Blazer:

2003 Chevrolet Blazer Owner Comments

Feb 162015

Takata inflators: I had left my house headed to work at approximately 6:30 am and got on I40 eastbound, it had snowed the day before and the roads had been treated and were clear for travel, I was traveling on a 3 lane highway in the left lane @ aprox 50mph and I applied my brakes to do upcoming traffic, when the ABS system locked. I attempted to let off and re apply the brake but the ABS system just stayed engaged and the front end started sliding hard to the left and I steered away from the pull. I subsequently hit the center concrete wall at approx. 40mph with the front passenger side of my car, which caused me to spin around and hit the passenger rear, I continued to spin until I was facing back East. My air bags did not deploy but it caused severe damage to core support and passenger side frame horn. It was a single vehicle accident and no damage was done to anything but my vehicle and myself, the ABS did not release within what I approximate to be about 6 seconds and this so called safety device nearly killed me. I was wearing my seat belt.

- Yukon, OK, USA

Apr 152009

Blazer 6-cyl

Noticed brake fluid on floor of my garage. Found that the brake line to the rear brakes was rusted and leaking. GM dealer said it was out of warranty so I paid a local garage to install new brake line. It has failed again, 98,000, while I was driving. Lost braking ability. I find that GM will sell me a set of brake lines for $500 and I can have them installed anywhere I want to. Considering the current GM situation with the ignition switch I think they should be made to recall all effected vehicles and fix their rusting brake lines.

- Copper Harbor, MI, USA