1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500:

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Owner Comments

Jun 242015

C/K 1500 5.7L

My truck will have been in the dealer a week on Saturday, and still not fixed after replacing calipers, brake pads, disc, hoses, master cylinder, and booster. I suspect the clearance between the booster push rod and master cylinder piston is too great, but they don't listen to me.

I am a retired master Tech and have worked for The Factory in various positions in parts and service. I went out and fixed cars no one else could. However now I am 78 years old and not able to do the work myself. It is extremely frustrating knowing what I do and did and what the shops and Dealers do to you today. It's all a big rip off. They don't frigging know what they are doing no. one, and no. 2 they don't care. I have most likely rebuilt more brakes than anyone at the dealer.

Another major problem is the paint clear coat is peeling off. The Factory should be made to correct these defects with no questions asked. I refuse to drive a vehicle that does not have proper brakes.

- , Port Orange, FL, USA