1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500:

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Owner Comments

Aug 062009

C/K 1500 Z-71 Off Road 5.7L Vortex

Can someone suggest to me how to fix the problem I'm having. When I put the shifter in park it will not release back out of park no matter if I have my foot on the brake as it suggest. It has done this numerous times lately and as you can imagine, I took it to a repair shop for this and they kept it all day and called later and said that it didn't happen to them not one time. So I get it back and the very next day it locked up again. I spent 2 hrs. in one spot before it released after restarting and restarting. Any help would be appreciated.

Update from Aug 13, 2009: Replaced the brake light switch which became very hot when running, think it was shortening out. Also had the silenoid actuator for shifter replaced. Seemed to fix problem for now.

- , Lynchburg, VA, USA