1. have not repaired as of yet (1 reports)
2001 Chevrolet C/K 1500 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet C/K 1500:

2001 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Owner Comments

Oct 042014

C/K 1500 Sliverado 4.8L

I was returning home and started to stop a T intersection. The pedal went to the floor and truck slowed down, but did not stop. I went thru the stop intersection and a small dirt bank stopped the truck. Wow, what a rush.

I hauled the truck to Voss Chevrolet and was quoted a price from $1200.00 to $1800.00 to repair. So I returned home with the truck and it is sitting in the driveway. When the weather is better, I will repair the truck myself. I had a 1998 C2500 and it failed in 2007 with the brake line issues. I repaired it myself and sold the truck in 2010.

I now own a 2011 K2500HD and I love that truck, but if the lines rust on this truck, I will seek legal action. GM has a definite problem with the brake lines. Maybe when someone is killed or injured they will wake up, just like the key switch issue that GM is trying to resolve.

- , Waynesville, OH, USA