1. replace transfer case (1 reports)
2002 Chevrolet C/K 3500 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet C/K 3500:

2002 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Owner Comments

Sep 192011

C/K 3500 6.6L Duramax

The truck wouldn't go into 4 wheel drive, I didn't think it was the transfer case because I had replaced the transfer case about 12,000 mi. ago, I thought it was the motor that put the transfer case in 4 wheel drive, surprise surprise. I got the news yesterday on the total cost to fix it this time, "replace the transfer case" ouch. This transfer case is supposed to be new and has the fix for the problem that Chevy has with it's transfer cases moded in. Three year, 100,000 mile warranty, Before I pay for the new transfer case I told the mechanic that I want proof that the fix has been incorporated into this transfer case. any idea what the part # would look like?

- , Gordon, WI, USA