8.0

2002 Chevrolet Camaro body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Camaro:

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Owner Comments

Jul 222009

Camaro 3.8L

I have noticed that the paint on my roof panel on my 2002 Camaro is starting to blister and in each tiny blister a dark substance is leaking out from under the paint. I keep very good care of my car and it is sheltered on a daily basis under a two car carport. This is unacceptable and should never happen. I do not neglect my car and the exterior is in excelling shape. I brought it to the dealer and was told to contact GM Customer Care, due to paint only being warrantied for 3 years/36,000 miles. I did so and Gm could care less and sticks to their original warranty.

If this was due to neglect or the paint was old and faded, I would understand. I was told even though this occured through no fault of my own and not due to any chemical or environmental issue, they could not give me any assistance. GM does not care about their customers, I have been a loyal 30 year customer of Chevrolet and have owned multiple new chevy vehicles in the past. I will no longer buy another GM product!! I had actually considered buying a 2010 Camaro, but no longer. The next vehicle I buy will be a Nissan or Toyota, thanks for NOTHING GM. The value of my loyalty to Gm and Chevrolet has a $442.00 price tag, the cost of the repair that will come out of MY pocket.

The body shop MGR stated that this happened to his 2001 Camaro, but GM states there is no history of this problem in the past. THANKS FOR NOTHING!!!

Tim