2010 Chevrolet Camaro seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro:

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Sep 172014

Camaro 6-cyl

Preparing to make a left turn at a Y shaped junction, the power to the 2010 Camaro shut off. Driver was unable to steer the car or stop, and the car slammed into a block wall at 30 mph. Air bags did not deploy. Passenger was unconscious and taken via ambulance to hospital for concussion symptoms. Driver suffered injuries to neck and upper back, also requiring medical attention. Both were wearing seat belts, both still being treated for injuries sustained.

- Tracy City, TN, USA

Dec 072014

Service air bag warning light comes on and goes off while driving. Called service department they said make sure nothing is under seats that could obstruct the seat sensors. Checked nothing there. Light still on. Service department said it would make air bags inoperable, wouldn't deploy air bags. In case of accident. Is it normal to service air bags at a certain mileage point. I am finding online many of the Camaro's seem to be having the same problems I am. I don't want to be driving when they decide to go off.

- Shingletown, CA, USA

Sep 012014

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Camaro. The contact stated that when an occupant was seated in the front passenger seat, the service air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who diagnosed that the seat sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 54,000.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Sep 082014

For the passed few month I've notice my passenger airbag sensor hasn't been working right, but never thought anything major about it. I don't have a lot of people in my passenger seat so it wasn't a problem at first. Now it's become annoying and make me feel bad about my car. I just took to the dealership and they told me what I already knew that the module has a defect.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Oct 272014

Camaro 8-cyl

The dash is cracked around passenger airbag doors and I'm concerned with the operation of airbag if in a accident and the muffler is coming apart with only 27000 miles.

- Brooklet, GA, USA

Aug 292014

Camaro 6-cyl

Airbag warning first started appearing on the car. Now is off and on continuously reporting. Why is a relatively common fault on such an important safety component not a recall?

- Romeoville, IL, USA

Jan 282014

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Camaro. The contact stated that while driving 45 mph over a pot hole, the transmission mounts and the motor mounts became fractured. Also, the contact mentioned that the front fascia of the vehicle slammed to the ground and the air bag failed to deploy. In another incident, the contact stated that while driving 2 mph, the vehicle stalled and the brakes failed to respond. As a result, the contact slightly crashed into a pedestrian with the vehicle and caused minor injuries to the pedestrian. A police report was filed. The vehicle was not repaired or diagnosed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 7,500.

- Culpeper, VA, USA

May 122014

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Camaro. While driving 10 mph and making a U-turn, the contact crashed the vehicle over a curb. The air bags failed to deploy. There were no injuries and a police report was not filed. On a separate occasion, the power steering seized. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing, but the failure could not be duplicated. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V346000 (electrical system) and the VIN was included. The contact stated that her daughter failed driving exams three times due to the failures. The manufacturer was notified of the failures. The approximate failure mileage was 45,000.

- Brent Rock, MA, USA

Aug 022014

I own a 2010 Camaro with 65,000 miles. The passenger air bag system started shutting off and on randomly with a passenger in the seat approx. 2 weeks ago while on a weekend trip. I have taken the car to my dealer and contacted GM complaint center on this safety issue. It was diagnosed as the passenger seat sensor pad as the cause. They offered to replace and cover labor but not the cost of part $311. My vehicle has 65000 miles on it I purchase it new and the passenger seat has not been used much at all. My concern is there are other complaints on this same issue obviously there is a problem with the seat pad sensor. The pad itself covers the entire seat bottom made of thin plastic with sensors between the plastic. I have a concern about the reliability of the air bag system even after the pad is replaced. Vehicles are engineered to be safe using seat belts and air bags together but they must function to do so. I hope GM steps up and looks into this safety issue before there is a failure that contributes to an injury or death. I will have it repaired but my confidence is low on the dependability of the air bag system in my Camaro!

- Flint, MI, USA

Jul 102012

Camaro 6-cyl

I have a display on dashboard that said service air bag, I went to the dealer and they told me I had to pay 900 dollar for an airbag sensor on the passenger side. I'm the only driver for the car and is rare when I have a passenger. I heard other people having the same issues.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Apr 262014

Camaro 6-cyl

The airbag light came on in my Camaro indicating that there was something wrong with the passenger side airbag. I took it to the jim ellis Chevrolet dealership on peachtree industrial blvd in atlanta, ga and they informed me that the seat sensor that determines if the passenger side airbag is on or not had deteriorated and needed to be replaced. The risk I ran was the airbag not deploying in the event of an accident or the airbag deploying at a time that I didn't want it to. My warranty had just expired the year before which means I would have to pay the full price. This fix cost me over $800 and I do not appreciate having to spend this kind of money on a standard feature of a vehicle that is not suppose to malfunction, especially this early in the vehicle's life. It has occurred to me that this has been a recurring problem amongst Camaros between 2009 and 2012. I believe I speak for most consumers when I say that we hold General Motors at a higher standard than this and that we should not have to deal with these kinds of problems in our vehicles especially within the first 65,000 miles of it's life. I would appreciate it if General Motors reimbursed me this $800 since I this is a problem I should not have had to deal with this soon in the vehicles lifetime. I like driving my Camaro and I would like to continue to drive it safely without being hindered by major repair costs. Thank you for your consideration.

- Ellenwood, GA, USA

Jun 252014

Camaro 6-cyl

Air bag light stays on and I'm thinking that the air bags do not deploy when needed. On star sent me an E:mail stating that it needs to be fixed. Is it a recall as I do not have money for fixing it as I am putting my granddaughter through college and she uses the car everyday. Help!

- Gaithersburg, MD, USA

Jun 022014

Camaro 6-cyl

The problem started out with the "service airbag" warning displaying on the information screen on the dash and the airbag warning light coming on when I had a passenger in the vehicle. According to the on/off light on the dome light the passenger bag is off when this warning comes on. Over the past month it has gotten worse and it progressed to just having the warning go off all the time now, even when I don't have a passenger. I have noticed that this is a recurring problem with the 2010 model airbag sensors going bad. I have seen many blogs that people are having the same issue with their airbag sensor. I have even read that this fix costs over $800 to the consumer. Since this is a safety issue and this will result in a failure of the airbags in the event of a crash and most likely deaths, I feel that GM should be responsible for putting a substandard part into their safety equipment and fix the problem. When you put into perspective how little use the passenger seat gets, because I only have a passenger in the car for maybe 5-10% of the time. So that means that I have only had someone in that seat for only 2500-5000 miles. That airbag sensor has had very little use and it went bad already. I fear that none of the airbags will deploy in the event of a crash, or even worse deploy while driving and then causing an accident.

- Eagle, MI, USA

May 102013

Camaro 6-cyl

Chevrolet Camaro 2010, driving on interstate vehicle steering became stiff (felt as if it locked up). Slid off interstate across two lanes off traffic into the crash barrier. $23,000 worth of damage. Total of course. Airbags did not deploy, onstar did not activate.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Aug 142012

Camaro 6-cyl

Air bag light came on and will not go off; I have seen several reports online of others having the same problem.

- Oakman, AL, USA

Oct 042013

With no one sitting in the passenger seat, I turned the car on and the passenger airbag light flashed on and off. The drivers panel airbag light was flashing. It would go off with some turns off the car. Left or right didn't matter. This went on for a few months. If someone sat in the seat they would have to move around for the sensor to pick up they were in the seat. The airbag light in the drivers panel eventually stayed a solid light and no longer flashed.

- Concord, NC, USA

Feb 032014

Camaro 6-cyl

A electrical fuse short has caused the passenger airbag to no longer activate/ turn on when a passenger is in the front seat. Thus, when a passenger is in the seat, the air bag will not deploy. Both the fuse and the module are required to be replaced. No damage or change was done to the vehicle to cause the shortage in the electrical system.

- Chula Vista, CA, USA

Apr 252014

Camaro 6-cyl

Passenger airbag sensor malfunction. Seems like multiple people have had this issue. Should be a safety recall. I had to pay over $800 to repair at dealership.

- Fresno, CA, USA

Oct 202013

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Camaro. The contact stated that while driving 60 mph, the passenger air bag warning lamp illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the passenger side seat air bag sensor mat was defective and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 17,500 and the current mileage was 18,000.

- Elk, KY, USA

Mar 152014

Camaro 6-cyl

As I was driving my service airbag light came on. Unfortunately it was a weekend so the dealership was closed. The next morning I started looking up recalls on my car. The result was no recalls on my car but I found hundreds of complaints about the same issue I'm having. I took my concern to the Chevy dealer they diagnosed my car with a faulty airbag sensor in the passenger side seat the cost was $800 to replace I immediately called GM directly and expressed my concern. After two day and many phone calls to the man at GM that was handling my case they told me they couldn't help me. This is faulty product that is put in vehicles that we the consumers are driving our families around in. GM needs to get on the ball, recall these faulty parts before there is a fatality. My passenger side airbag does not work so I am unable to drive my car with a passenger. I am completely disgusted with the service and the product GM produces.

- Beaumont, CA, USA