3.5

2011 Chevrolet Camaro brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Camaro:

2011 Chevrolet Camaro Owner Comments

Oct 132015

Camaro

Air bag sensor is always coming on and dings every few minutes....whether or not there is someone in the passenger seat or not, whether its in drive or in park, when it goes off, I turn the switch to disregard the notification and it comes on every few minutes....also, the evaporator core kit needs replaced, which is about $2000 and 20 hours of labor due to having to remove windsheild. Heater and defrost work fine but ac will not cool, smells funny inside the car and makes noise when you try to turn on A/C. thankfully its fall.. no recalls but found lots of complaints on the A/C and 2011 Chevrolet Camaros. The A/C started slowly getting less and less cool each day then the last day before it quit, the driver side wouldnt cool at all but the passenger side would. Put in refrigerant and it cooled for a couple more days then just quit cooling. 75,000 miles, had it 5 years 1 month, no warranty. Dont want to pay that much to cool my car, will not purchase another Camaro! not happy.

- Lubbock, TX, USA

Jun 232014

Camaro

I got in, I started my car at 5:30am, all ways normal. I put it in reverse got out of my driveway, then put it in drive and the car started shaking. I pressed the gas a little and I seamed like the car wanted to turn off and the gear gauge was going up and down and still shaking. I stopped put it in park, turned off the car, waited for a few minutes, then turned the car back on, the car was still shaking, then the check engine light came on. I had to drive to work. It was about 18 minutes away, the whole way there the car was still shaking, check engine light was still on, and it felt like the car didn't have any muscle to it and wanted to die while driving.

- Arlington, TX, USA

May 052011

Camaro

While driving my 2011 Camaro rs the engine warning light came on then the power train disengaged momentarily all warning lights and ESC failed. The auto transmission would not shift out of 2nd or 3rd gear and the steering became unstable. Warning bells and door locks went off. This car is unsafe to drive and has been returned to the dealer. Despite three times to repair the ESC, the car continues to fail.

- Redondo Beach, CA, USA