9.5

2011 Chevrolet Camaro suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Camaro:

2011 Chevrolet Camaro Owner Comments

Feb 192012

Camaro 8-cyl

I recently purchased a 2011 Camaro ss. This was a gift to my wife because she had always loved the Camaro. The car was purchased at a Chevrolet dealership. My wife drove the car home about 70 miles with no trouble at all. A few days later the temperature in North Carolina dropped to around 40 deg and started to rain. My wife took my daughter to the store and she was unable to get above 30 mph because the car was uncontrollable due to the rear end constantly fish tailing. I was called by her crying because she was so scared. I contacted a friend to go and get the car and he called me as he was driving telling me what the car was doing. After doing some research on line I found out that the pirelli pzero tires that come standard on the ss and rs Camaro are summer only" tires. These tires are only to be driven in temperatures above 45 deg and in dry conditions! I am currently in the middle East and relied totally on the dealership to inform my wife of any issues or warnings that should have come with the car. Also Chevrolet is totally at fault by selling, as standard equipment, a tire that is dangerous to the point of being criminal when driven in weather conditions that cover most of the United States. I had to purchases, at the cost of over $1000, a set of tires that are ?all season" so my wife can drive safely. I should not have to be paying over $40,000 for a car that I need to spend another grand on just to make it safe to drive. This is totally and completely unacceptable. I will notify everyone and anyone that I can about the hazards of this situation.

- Havelock, NC, USA